WIHAG was founded in 1945 and has been working since then as supplier of the European commercial vehicle industry. Initially, as wholesaler and since the mid-seventies as manufacturer with own products.
Since 2005 the business has been concentrated almost exclusively on vehicle construction and today particularly on body components in that field.
The production site in Germany is Stadtilm near Erfurt, the administrative section is situated in Bielefeld.
In addition, there are sister companies in Romania which carry out production of the steel components.
Wihag is an owner-managed company.